Friday, May 17, 2013

3 Easy Ways to Hide the Tummy


We all have those days where we want to just 'PIG' out on a nice, heavy meal or perhaps have certain CRAVINGS that need to be satisfied. Happens to me routinely, but don't worry because I have 3 easy tips that will instantly make that extra 'tummy' appear smaller. No starvation or diet necessary!  Like I mentioned before, I'm definitely not on the skinny side of the spectrum but I use these tips to accentuate my assets and  to avoid the extra attention on my belly!

3 Easy Ways to Hide the Tummy (No diet necessary!)

  1. High Rise Skinny Jeans/Shorts - Trust me, a pair of high rise skinnies will help hide that heavy meal from before AND make your legs appear longer and thinner. I'd generally go for a darker shade if you're looking to 'slim' down those hips and thighs but if you're petite and want some extra booty, go for lighter colours! I tend to balance off my lighter shades of jeans with darker tops so that there's more definition between the colours and shade.
  2. Avoid Horizontal Stripes - As hypocritical as it may sound (since I'm wearing stripes in the photo above), I generally avoid shirts with horizontal stripes. When I say horizontal, I mean the BOLD and THICK stripes that immediately draws attention to your waist and hip line. The topic here is to hide the tummy so we don't want to draw more attention to it! I am not saying we have to avoid stripes completely but rather seek out those shirts with thinner stripes. Thinner stripes creates the illusion of a longer and thinner torso. I like to add a fun coloured blazer on top, just so I can divert their attention on that instead!
  3. Long and loose shirts Loose shirts can accentuate the basic outline of your curves while eliminating the 'bunched' effect by your hip. The length of the shirts draws more attention to your legs thus elongating your body in general. In terms of t-shirts, if your shirt sits right ABOVE your love handles, it actually emphasizes where your tummy and hipline is (and we don't want that!) Also if you pair it with a set of low rise jeans, it creates a "muffin top" effect thus making our efforts in hiding the tummy useless! The hemline of your shirt should be slightly under your love handles and can go to a couple inches above your knee. If the shirt is TOO long then we'd all look short and that's not the look we're going for!
Well there you have it! There are so many other tips that I use in order to hide my weight and I can say from my personal experience that I've received complements! Most importantly though regardless of what you actually wear, confidence is key. Strong confidence makes you You and don't forget to always Just Be Yourself.
Make sure to follow me on Instagram @justbeeyourself for more updates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment