Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My Current Obsessions

Hi Bee-utifuls! Today I'm going to talk a bit about my current obsessions: Nail polish and rings =)

Growing up, I was never a big fan of nail polishes. I had super stubby nails and since I don't drink milk, my calcium intake wasn't a whole lot thus making my nails super fragile. I'd use nail strengtheners to grow out my stubby nails but they never seemed to work. After aimlessly trying to grow out my nails, I finally couldn't take it anymore and went online to find different methods to help grow them out. People suggested conditioning the nails, where as some mentioned applying cuticle oil. I settled with cuticle oil method, and what do you know, it worked!



The cuticle oil I used is called "Avoplex" which is under the OPI line, which helps strengthen and replenish healthy nutrients to your nails. You can probably get it at your local drugstores or on Amazon! After a month of applying this cuticle oil on my nails, I definitely noticed an improvement in the quality and length of my nails. This of course, led to my current obsession with nail polishes because I'm constantly wanting to try different colour combos and nail art patterns! If you follow me on Instagram, you'll be able to see the nail combos that I've tried out.

Another current obsession of mine are rings. Out of all the accessories (well asides from earrings), I loveeee wearing rings! I feel like they give such a statement and when it's paired with a set of painted nails, it definitely draws attention!

Recently I've been purchasing a lot of my rings (and different accessories) from Jewelmint. Their selection and collections are quite nice and the quality is definitely 100x better than what you would get at Ardene's or Forever 21. The designs are fairly unique and make great statement pieces. If you haven't already, check out their website here for more designs and accessories.

That's it for now! Please comment and let me know if you have any questions like the specific names for the nail polishes that I use or perhaps a review on my favourite make up products! Follow me on Instagram too!!^^
Have a great one and remember: Just bee yourself =)

No comments:

Post a Comment